AMD Global Telemedicine will walk you through the process of figuring out what telemedicine technologies are the right fit for your specific needs.
As a solution provider, we take a collaborative approach to helping you determine the telemedicine technology that makes the most sense for your organization’s needs and deliver business value long term.
We start our discussion with you by identifying what needs the telehealth program has to accomplish; reviewing the existing workflow and IT infrastructure; and determining how we can help improve it. These answers allow AMD to easily build a totally unique and customizable telehealth solution for each of our customers.
Here are 10 steps we recommend healthcare organizations think through to outline a telemedicine program that will be successful:
- Establish a Vision
- Building a Long Term Financial Plan
- Create a Convenient and Effective Work Environment
- Mainstream Telemedicine into the Standard Care Process
- Plan and Assure Effective Training
- Make Sure You Have a Full-Time Coordinator(s) and an Effective Leader and Cheerleader
- A Project Plan = Manageable Milestones = Reasonable Expectations
- Horizontal Versus Vertical Implementation
- Good Marketing is Critical
- Publish or Perish?
Read the full article and presentation of our research here: The Success Factors of Telemedicine.
When considering the right technologies for your telemedicine program, it is important to make sure your choice will easily integrate into your existing infrastructure and is scalable for potential future applications. The right systems architecture and open systems approach can lead to a nationwide, telemedicine deployment at the fraction of the cost, effort and time compared to second-generation (in-band) telemedicine.